As posted today Dave Harrold is stepping down after six years as Club Secretary.
We need a new Club Secretary which is open to all Members interested.
Any member wishing to be considered for the position of Club Secretary should formally contact ‘by email only’ either the Chairman Mike Buchanan firstname.lastname@example.org or myself Martin O’Donnell email@example.com and saying why you think you would be a good Club Secretary.
We may look to split the Secretary tasks from the Membership management tasks in order to spread the workload. The Management Committee need to look into that soon.
Dave has kindly outlined the key tasks of the position.
- Liaising with Arsenal
- Corresponding with Bob Wilson, our Honorary President
- Corresponding with Management Committee and the Regional Representatives
- Working with the Executive (Chairman and Treasurer)
- Occasional newsletters – using Mailchimp
- Setting up the Annual General Meeting in July/August each year.
- Emergency General Meeting – not had one yet
- Fielding enquiries by email and distributing them – e.g. ticketing
- Setting up meetings
- Managing complaints
. Managing the membership list
. Managing renewal fee’s each year
. Managing the new memberships applications all through the year